Q: What’s the difference between a coach and a therapist?
I want to build a business, not resolve my childhood!
A: Your hunch is right! Coaching isn’t therapy. While both a coach and a therapist are very valuable in moving you past life’s roadblocks, how they do this is very different.
Coaching takes you from where you are now and moves you forward. We’re not going to examine your past in great detail to figure out how you got to where you are in the first place. We’re going to focus on stretching you way beyond what you internally believe is possible for you. And support you all the way.
Q: Okay. Then tell me more about what coaching really is…
A: Coaching is a process where two people – you and I – work together to get you more of what you really want in life.
Together we are totally focused on helping you find success as you define it – and deserve it!
Q: How will you help me do that?
A: Hell Yeah! – lots of ways! Here are just a few:
- I listen to you – not to judge but to understand.
- I ask questions – to help you reach some juicy “aha” moments and wrap your brain around some new and rad ways of seeing yourself and your abilities.
- I motivate, encourage and support you through every step. In other words, I’ve got your back!
- I give you resources and tools that help you go balls to the walls in getting you from where you are now to where you want to be.
- I help you figure out your life’s true passions and dreams and then help you focus on achieving them.
- Together we either get rid of or re-work relationships, work environments, systems and structures that are holding you back. (And sometimes it’s YOU that’s holding you back!)
- I don’t let you get away with crap! I hold you accountable to standards that YOU set as your personal best!
Q: What kind of resources are you talking about?
A: I have a goldmine of goodies to pull out and use, like:
- Program Homework
- Tests (not the school kind)
- Writing Exercises
- Puzzles and
- Action Assignments
Together we’ll select the resources that will work for you and forget about the rest.
Q: Exactly what kinds of things will I work on with you as my coach?
A: For every coaching client this is unique. In short, we work on getting you “What you want and what you need.” So it could be your relationships, your self-confidence, your ability to communicate, your financial mindset — whatever YOU need.
I define it as having less and having more. we’re going to work on getting you less
- Emotional and Financial Bankruptcy
And getting YOU more:
Q: What you talkin’ bout Willis? Can you really do all that?
A: Yes! All that and more! Yet ONLY with your commitment! If you’re not ready and willing to face the truth, move out of your comfort zone and act on the truths we discover, no amount of coaching will help. You know that old horse thing – I can lead you to water but I can’t . . .
Think of your coaching sessions like going to the gym with me as your personal trainer. I’ve got all the equipment – the weights, the mats, the treadmill, the stopwatch and water always ready for you. BUT, if you sit there on your ass and whine “It‘s too hard! I‘m tired! I’m all sweaty!” and only do 10 sit ups when I KNOW you can do 50, you ain‘t gonna get that sweet bod you want.
Same thing with coaching. It takes two of us. If you don’t do your share of the work, I can push and prod all the day long, and it ain’t gonna matter.
I will hold you accountable every step of the way. And when we both know that you’ve finally got “less of and more of” the things you want – we’ve succeeded. And most importantly, you’ve got the skills to keep it that way.
Q: I’m not even in your geographical area. How can you coach ME?
A: We’ll use the telephone, the internet, Skype, e-mail, you name it. I’ve got coaching clients across the globe and with the technology available to us all, communication across multiple time zones is easy-peasy!
Q: Who uses a coach?
A: Anyone really! Individuals, families, small companies, large corporations, you name it! Coaching is used in every industry and situation you can imagine. Life throws a lot at every one of us, at every age, and in every situation. And coaching can support you through every bit of it.
Q: What can I do to get the most out of our coaching relationship?
A: Let’s not candy-coat it, a lot will be required of you to make this relationship a success. You’ve gotta:
- Be fearless in asking questions and challenging perceptions, most especially about yourself!
- Embrace the truth, learn from it and take action.
- Be willing to work through the pain and expand beyond your comfort zone.
- Have a vision, even if it’s murky, of a better life for yourself.
- Be a highly functioning, intelligent individual with a burning desire to realize your best.
Q: How long will I need to be coached?
A: This varies depending upon you and your situation. However, I do require a 90-day minimum commitment from my clients. Why? Because it allows you to be successful much more rapidly, allows sufficient time for our relationship to grow, and for you to create and solidify new habits and ways of thinking.
The ultimate test is simply this: Are we both still benefiting from the relationship?
Q: Yea ok! I think could create some major mojo with a coach. What do I do now?
A: Great! Our first step is to schedule a get-acquainted session. Email me at Michelle@MichelleScarafile.com and I’ll send you a brief questionnaire.